Jenny Smith is a freelance trainer, facilitator and writer with many years experience in the fields of Mental Health, Women’s Empowerment and Ecotherapy.
Relevant training and work experience
Jenny has over twenty five years experience working on front line mental health services at all levels from volunteering in drop ins to the setting up and managing of TESS, a national self-harm support service. From the role of project worker she went onto manage volunteers within a number of services and subsequently designed and delivered several staff training packages to support the induction of new workers into their support roles. She is experienced in the development of existing services as well as the creation of new ones.
In 2013 she completed a five year apprenticeship with the organisation Living Love assisting and co-facilitating residential women’s empowerment groups and courses
Jenny worked freelance for many years delivering both drugs and self-harm awareness at a national level and more recently, has trained in The Work that Reconnects and facilitates workshops for people working within the field of sustainability
Her accessible facilitation style weaves together a mix of perspectives and teachings into a grounded, comprehensive training experience. Jenny is known and respected for her integrity, warmth and ability to impart information and ideas clearly and simply.
Jenny’s current work includes
- In house tutor for Shift Bristol Practical Sustainability Course
- In house short course facilitator for Centre for Alternative Technology
- Freelance Writer for Mind mental health charity
- Time To Change Wales grant holder coordinating a women’s empowerment facilitation training programme
- Student mentoring at Aberystwyth University supporting students with mental health difficulties.
- Mental health writer for The Working Parent
- Non managerial supervisor for Balanced Wellness
Specific services that Jenny can offer
- Designing and delivering of bespoke training packages for organisations.
- One day training courses on Self-Harm awareness
- One day training courses on Mental Health and Ecotherapy
- One day training courses on Women and mental health – a renewed perspective
- Training on supporting and supervising staff in mental health services.
- Supporting and overseeing the setting up of support groups
- Training on the effective running text and email support services
- Creation of information packs and handouts on mental health for everyone involved in mental health services.
- One to one supervision (phone, skype or face to face) for complementary health practitioners.
- Presentations on ecotherapy and mental health, women and mental health, self-harm.